Fundación Iberoamericana del Conocimiento (GECON) is a non-profit private foundation subject to Spanish legislation established in Barcelona on 15 April 2002 and included in the Registry of Foundations of Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte, with registration number 635.
The objective and aim of GECON is the promotion and encouragement of applied research and transference of technology, methodologies, knowledge and experience related and/or complementary to the following research fields:
- Quantified Self
- Smart Cities
- Quality of Working Life
- Perceptual Computing
- Artificial Vision
To apply its research results to the following sectors:
- Cultural Tourism
- Information & Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Research Policies
Specific goals of GECON are the following:
- Carry out technological innovation activities whose result is a technological breakthrough in the development of new products or production processes or substantial improvements of existing ones, always within the scope of the Gamification, Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital.
- Conduct Research, Development and Innovation activities aimed at the discovery of new knowledge and a superior understanding in science and technology, as well as the application of research results or any other type of scientific knowledge for the development of new products or the design of new processes or production systems, always within the scope of the Gamification, Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital.
- Create Applied Research Methodologies as well as evaluation and management systems, under the relevant topics for the Foundation
- Be a bridge between the academic and the professional world to ensure knowledge transfer.
- Promote Applied Research through dynamization tools (labs, scholarships, workshops, etc.).
- Develop and be part of networks related to research and application of Gamification with the aim of sharing explicit and tacit, individual and social skills of its members.
- Encourage cooperation agreements in the field of Gamification, Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital.